Powered by our unique community of weather enthusiasts reporting live data from weather stations in their own backyards, this crowd-sourced data generates forecasts targeted to your precise location.
With free push notifications for weather alerts, Weather Underground is your essential app during severe weather events. Our interactive map (WunderMap) displays animated radar and satellite data to track storms, as well as providing specific map presets for tracking hurricanes and wildfires. Customize your experience by dragging and dropping the content modules on the main screen of the app
WHAT MAKES THIS WEATHER APP DIFFERENT TO OTHER APPS?
WE FILL IN THE GAPS
Our 33,000+ personal weather stations report the most localized weather conditions. The data that we collect from our user-owned weather stations fills in the gaps between the airport weather stations that other weather services rely upon to generate forecasts – meaning our data is generated from actual data points in your neighborhood.
INTERACTIVE WEATHER & RADAR MAP
The most interactive weather map (WunderMap) on mobile allows you to select from different weather overlays including current conditions from our personal weather station network, animated radar, satellite, webcams and severe weather. Customize the map by selecting specific data layers or choose from the various map presets such as severe alerts, fire risk, active fires, hurricane and webcams.
– Sky reports let you tell us if the sky conditions we’re reporting are what you’re actually observing. If you see something different you can report the conditions you’re experiencing for the benefit of other app users.
– Hazard reports allow you to report any hazardous road conditions you experience to help other people in your area.
ABOUT WEATHER UNDERGROUND
Founded in 1995 as the first online weather service, Weather Underground supplies weather data solutions to the many of the leading media companies and millions of users across the globe through their mobile apps and website
– Status notification: instantly view your current temperature and condition on the notification bar
– Current conditions from your local weather station include temperature, feels like temperatures, wind speed & direction, humidity, dew point, visibility, pressure, gusts and moon phase
– 10-day Forecasts including text summary
– Hourly Forecasts including sunrise and sunset
– Historical data
– Interactive Map showing all the personal weather stations in your neighborhood with animated radar, satellite, webcams and much more data
– List view of saved Favorite Locations and Recent Searches
– Crowd reporting feature empowers users to verify our data and send their own Sky Reports and Hazard Reports
– Twitter Integration – share weather data straight onto your Twitter handle and follow the latest weather trends on the Wunderground Twitter Feed
– Snow and Winter Sport reports
– Hazard Reports allow users to share dangerous road conditions in their area
– Share severe alerts with your friends and family
– Purchase ad free subscriptions for $1.99 per year
– New widgets: 1×1 and 2×2!
– Choose Light or Dark mode
– Customize your experience by sliding the weather information up and down
– Switch between Best Forecast™ & NWS Forecast
– Weather commentary from Dr Masters
– National Weather Service Radio
• Performance enhancements and bug fixes.
As always, we appreciate your feedback. Please email us at with any suggestions or questions. If you like these changes, please let us know by rating and reviewing us in the Play Store!
This app has no advertisements
Download: PREMIUM features Unlocked