* Option to auto-stabilize so your pictures are perfectly level no matter what (see example image).
* Zoom via multi-touch gesture and single-touch control.
* Touch to select focus area and metering area (metering area is used to determine exposure).
* Support for flash, torch, focus modes, scene modes, color effects, white balance, ISO, exposure compensation, exposure lock, face detection.
* Video recording (with optional audio, and support for video stabilization; supports all available resolutions including HD).
* Option to lock orientation to portrait or landscape for photo or video.
* Timer (with optional voice countdown).
* Auto-repeat mode, with configurable delay.
* Optimise GUI for left or right-handed users.
* Configurable volume keys.
* Option to take photo remotely by making a noise (e.g., voice, whistle), or by voice command “cheese”.
* Choice of save folder (including support for Lollipop’s Storage Access Framework).
* Disable shutter sound.
* Overlay a choice of grids (including “rule of thirds”) and crop guides.
* Optional GPS location tagging (geotagging) of photos and videos; for photos this includes compass direction (GPSImgDirection, GPSImgDirectionRef).
* Apply a date and timestamp, location coordinates, and custom text to photos.
* Yes you can take a selfie (also known as front camera).
* Support for external microphones (may not be supported by all devices).
* Widget to automatically take a photo after launching.
* Experimental support for Android 5 Camera2 API: manual focus distance; manual ISO; manual exposure time.
* Small file size.
* Completely free, and no ads in the app (I only run ads on the website). Open Source.
(Some features may not be available on all devices, as they may depend on hardware or camera features, the Android version, etc.)
If you wish you can show your appreciation and support future development of Open Camera by donating! This can be done by purchasing my donation app at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=harman.mark.donation . Thanks!
FIXED Problems when taking HDR or expo photos quickly without pause, the second photo would use
FIXED On-screen icons (e.g., for HDR) didn’t show after restarting.
FIXED When using volume keys to switch auto-level on/off, user interface wasn’t updating properly.
FIXED Some stored “values” for zh-rCN shouldn’t have been translated.
ADDED New options under “Photo settings” to support Artist and/or Copyright Exif tags in images.
ADDED On-screen icons for DRO and Expo Bracketing modes.
ADDED On-screen icon for when audio is disabled in video mode.
UPDATED Improved appearance of on-screen text and photo stamp text (draw fonts with outline, rather
than shaded background).
UPDATED Improved layout of on-screen information.
UPDATED Improved look of popup menu.
UPDATED Some preferences in settings now show the currently selected value.
UPDATED Improved performance when going to settings in portrait mode.
UPDATED Don’t request audio permission (or show toast if not available) if record audio option for
video is disabled.
UPDATED Zoom now resets when pausing the application, switching camera, or switching between photo
and video modes (not resetting zoom tends to confuse users; this change also makes behaviour
consistent with other camera applications).
UPDATED Don’t block UI when image saving queue is full, instead simply don’t allow more photos to be
taken until queue is no longer full.
This app has no advertisements