It tests the connection by retrieving the main Google page (
* An HTTP connection (the type of connection used by the browser and other web apps)
* A basic socket connection (a type of connection used by other apps)
It also logs other information about your device and connection status, such as:
* The network type (WiFi, mobile/EDGE, mobile/HSPA, etc)
* The WiFi SSID or APN
* The device’s location (latitude, longitude)
* The cell tower’s ids
* The signal strength (from 0 to 4)
* Other information…
You can send yourself a report of the collected data, in several formats (Excel, CSV, HTML, KML, the raw database). The report will also contain a summary of the success rate of the connection tests, per cell tower.
*** BEFORE RATING THE APP ***
This app does *not* show the CELL radio frequency, channel, TX or RX. If you’re looking for this, good luck
NOTE 2: This app is a diagnostic/debugging app which may use a lot of battery.
1.30.1: Added adaptive launcher icon for Oreo and later devices.
This app has no advertisements