Attention: DEVICE MUST BE ROOTED FOR THIS APPLICATION
AdAway is a utility used to manage hostfile entries; your phone must be rooted to use this app. AdAway doesn’t directly block ads; it limits unwanted ads by blocking servers that distribute those ads to websites. Modifying hostfile entries is also useful in blocking ads on some Android apps.
• Read/Write access on system partition
Website with Source code and Issue Tracker
Help translate AdAway on
You can donate money to support the development in-app.
• Root access: To write hosts file to system partition
• Internet access: To download hosts files
• Modify/delete SD card content: To export lists to SD card
• Wakelock: Wake up phone when AdAway updates in background
• Google Play Billing: To donate via Google Play Store
adblock, adblocker, ad blocker, advertisments, advertisment blocker
Fix host lists import,
Fix default DNS requests when no log entry,
Update translations from Transifex.
This app has no advertisements